Tuesday, October 12, 2010






I will never use the word, padayatra/footmarch again without thinking. I have just returned (to Delhi for one hour in transit) after being with Rajaji on a padayatra in Rajasthan. On the last two days we walked 8 kilometers each day. Each day we ended with a large rally. About two hundred of us were walking. Each day's walk was about 5 hours. I have done fifteen marathons, I have done four ironman races. None of that even comes close. This was something deeply spiritual and overwhelming in many ways. To walk with the people I was walking with, to feel their strength and courage...I am still a little speechless. I will reflect over the next few days at Cesci and try to give a better account of this experience. It was an amazing way to spend thanksgiving... More soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment